It is a glass wool board faced with aluminium foil or black glass tissue on one side used for external thermal insulation, internal sound insulation of air conditioning and ventilation ducts.
- According to the purpose of the application, it is decided which duct board is going to be used.
- One type of board is chosen among unfaced board, board faced with aluminium foil and board faced with glass tissue.
- Before the boards are applied, duct surfaces to be used are cleaned to make sure the surface is free from dust and grease.
- If cold air insulation is going to be applied for the external thermal insulation, definitely the boards faced with aluminium foil should be used against condensation risk. The boards are installed into the pins (5- 6 pins per m2) fastened to the outside of the duct with foiled side facing the exterior.
- Board joints are sealed with self adhesive aluminium foil tape with great care to ensure that joints are water impermeable.
- When both thermal insulation and sound insulation are required for the ducts, duct board faced with glass tissue on the inside should be preferred. In that case, boards are installed to the pins which were fastened to the ducts from the inside so that the side with glass tissue faces inside.